Many a times this question hits us hard (point blank at the center of the 2 hemispheres) - "Why couldn't I maintain a beautiful relation with this man/woman?!", "Why couldn't we stay friends for a lifetime?" or simply "Why couldn't we stay connected?" I think the answer lay hidden in a chance converation I had with a preacher while travelling to my state of birth, my native land - Kerala about 2 years ago. His place arrived before my destined station and while alighting at the rail platform, I shook hands with him and asked him to stay in touch. He said he will try his best. However he added, "I will be at my best. Yaatrakar alle nammal elavarum! (In Malayalam language it means Aint we all travellers?)"
That conversation inspired to write a verse. Here it is ...
Passers by
They set the journey from horizons different
Cross paths, and call it a coincidence
Some countenance gives a positive vibe
And the other doesn’t seem the same
Few came and shook hands with me
Then they crossed the lane
Without leaving a trace.
Few others hesitated to even smile first
But later our conversations went
Long and in a seamless pace.
I am surprised at the prospect of all these
But then with passing times,
Has shrunk this inquisition.
We’re passers by, we meet and greet
No one stays back, but some
Chance to meet often.
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment