
This was written last year on a quiet Friday evening. Nothing much at work, so I took it as a good passtime. Never knew I can sound the least romantic while addressing the verses to some girl. Ah! this girl who works in my office, I had a crush on her but never really took the pain to confess (her gujju boyfriend would make Theplas and Khakras out of me if I did that!). That saturday it was her Birthday, and I thought why not pen something and silently place it on her desk once she's done with her shift. She would have read it, discarded that paper on which it was written.. and forgot about it. I knew that I gues. Some feelings turn waste when inked. Still that poet in me couldnt resist, you see (winks)
The moon will be replaced by the morning star
And this weekday will diminish into a weekend
As I tend all other thoughts to a distance far
Thinking of new ways to sing "Happy B'day, my friend!"
The most beautiful day of this year to dawn
When the clock chimes a rhythmic twelve
With darkness, be all your mind's obstacles gone
Bringing a fresh bouquet of thoughts to delve
may the early sunlight not wake you for a while
let it allow you to be in a world of dreams
So when you rise up late, you have a rosy smile
And in intense happiness your face beams
A morning prayer, blessings of all dear ones
To be followed with an exquisite brunch
for a second, you might wonder why time runs
The present would seem a cookie to munch!
The lazy noon’s meant for a weekend movie
So for which one do we go ahead?
When all friends gather, mind turns groovy
Whatever’s in plate, we watch instead
The sun turns crimson, call for a pizza bite
We’d vroom to the nearest Hut
A quick gaze of menu to have something light
We’d enjoy this quick fare but
That wait is over, time to head back home
There would lie an expected surprise
A raspberry cake shaped like Colossus of Rome,
Fancy shaped candles around, what a disguise!
A clink of martinis, all dear ones around
Angels showering good health on you
Could time wait and this day go round n round?
As we sing “Happy B'day to you!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment