Saturday, August 1, 2009

2 hours before turning 24

So! My tenure of staying in the 23 year olds' brigade would be over in another two hours from now. I am here trying to reckon all the achievements in the last one year (I can hardly count).
Usually, its during the new year that people take resolutions (most of them tend to break it the very other day, so I never did take any). But I would want to take one on this occasion - that I wouldn't give up on my passions, that I wouldn't want to compromise on the choices I make for self. If there have been people thinking they can take me for a ride, beware then. I am happy for two things that i heard this week. One was a lesson, another a breaking news specially for music enthusiasts. The lesson was from a preacher Joel Osteen who came up with a beautful example whilst preaching. It goes like this. Archealogists from New York dig the ground ten feet down and come across traces copper wire. They exclaim "whoa! this proves that New yorkers had communications network about a hundred years from now!!" Another set of scientists from California dig ground twenty feet down and come across traces of copper wire. Even they exclaim " the Californians had it a hundred years before New yorkers!! " Now its the turn of a set of Texans. So they dig the ground to another ten feet making it thirty only to find nothing. They still rejoice "you know what!! The Texas guys had already gone wireless three hundred years ago". And what did I learn from this is we shouldnt despise the days of small beginnings (as mentioned in the Bible). Ah! that breaking news that I wanted to share is what I read in a newspaper three days back. Two of Mozart's compositions on piano are set to be released tomorrow - and that's on my birthday!!! A day of exclamation marks for me. What more can i ask for. All Mozartians should be happy and so am I.
...Here I stop cribbing like a twenty three year old fellow. Looking very much ahead to be in the twenty four year olds, standing with my head raised high with a fresh bouquet of hopes. Friends, pray so that i gather all courage and strength to make dreams come true - not just mine but a dream of everyone - my friends; relatives; and above all, my parents. Amen!

No comments: